High Point Market Spring Design TrendsDebra
If you follow us on Facebook and Instagram then you know our very own Jackie Schwartz (Owner, Lead Interior Designer) and Darlene (Interior Designer) were recently at the one and only High Point Market 2019. Boy, did they have fun! As they were scoping out the current style and design trends of 2019 they were also making a serious dent in their proverbial shopping cart, scooping up some of the best looks in home décor and design. To say we’re excited to be getting a smattering of new products in our showrooms is quite an understatement—but we’ll dish more on that later! For now, we want to show you a handful of takeaways from High Point Market and share some of this season’s hottest spring trends. We think you’ll fall in love with these fun and fresh styles!
Modular Sectionals & Multifunctional Furniture
Furniture continues to adapt to our culture’s ever-growing need to creatively use our living spaces. Modular sectionals were a huge hit at Hight Point Market and we can certainly see why! These kinds of sectionals put a special emphasis on providing detachable pieces that can shift and morph to the configuration that suits you best. Gone are the days of being limited to a chaise lounge at one end of an L-shaped sectional! With modular sectionals, you’re offered the ability to shift pieces in a variety of useful configurations. We’ll be getting in some fresh sectionals that are absolutely perfect for lounging so be sure to stay tuned!
Nowadays we need our furniture to be dual-purposed and that’s exactly what we found at High Point Market. Not only are customized and build-you-own sofas available, but they’re also exceedingly popular. Whether you want to use ottomans for extra seating or in combination with a sofa to make a chaise lounge, the sky seemed to be the limit with the many looks we saw at market. We especially loved the look of these beautiful ottomans which fit perfectly under a stylish sofa table. Multifunctional furniture makes having additional seating easy and convenient!
Color, Color, Color
Is there anything more lovely than seeing the beautiful colors of spring in full force as the temperatures rise? We saw a lot of color at High Point Market this season and we are so excited to be incorporating them into our showrooms and design projects. What’s big for spring 2019?
- Blues as accent colors: You’ll do well to bring in a few blue-toned accent pieces into your spaces this season. Pairing blue and metallic gold in an oversized piece of artwork will add a depth and richness to your space that really makes a statement.
- Deep shades of green as accent colors: Giving a nod to mother nature during her vernal equinox is never a bad thing! Incorporating deep shades of green accents in your space (think artwork and botanicals) will add a beautiful finishing touch to your space that’s reminiscent of mother nature herself.
- Black and white: Always classic, black and white are definitely making their appearances known in designer looks and trends this season. Too timid to bring white into your design? Not to worry! We saw a huge increase in high-performance fabrics at High Point Market which means you’ll have plenty of stain-resistant fabric options to choose from this season. Fearing white is a thing of the past! Now you can have a cool white couch without the anxiety of keeping it clean. We’re bringing in the gorgeous black and white sofa pictured above (& a super chic ottoman) and can’t wait to show it off!. Stay tuned for details!
- Greys are here to stay: Grey tones are warming up! It’s no surprise that we are huge fans of grey at Home Interior Warehouse and with good reason! Greys are the perfect way to add a touch of color to a space without being overwhelming. Warm grey tones make the perfect backdrop for dramatic pops of color and from what we saw at High Point Market, greys are here to stay. We also saw a beautiful color combo that mixes warm greys with soft cocoa brown. If you haven’t experimented with grey and cocoa before, now is definitely the time to try. This color duo is definitely a sophisticated and chic way to add personality and style to your space.
- Dual-Upholstered Furniture: Be on the lookout for an emerging trend where two different fabrics are used on one piece to make a dramatic statement. An eye-catching strip of complementary fabric in a bold color gives a beautiful piece even more personality. Not only did we see a variety of dual-purpose furniture pieces at High Point Market, but we also saw a mix of fabrics effortlessly styled to fit one unique piece. You can expect to see similar looks in our showroom in the coming months!
One quick scroll through your Instagram feed will likely bring up a number of photos where botanicals like succulents and wall planters are being used as home décor. These budding beauties are definitely in high-demand for spring 2019. We saw a vast array of artificial botanicals at High Point Market in everything from artwork to wall planters. Interested in adding a few botanicals to your own décor? We’ll be making some beautiful wall planters right inside Home Interior Warehouse so be sure to stay tuned and stop by!
We saw many sofas at High Point Market that were specifically designed without legs. These dramatic looks gave the impression that the sofas elegantly draped all the way to the floor without being too low to the ground. We can’t get enough of the sophisticated beauty of these seemingly limitless sofas!
The raw and uncompromised beauty of live-edge furniture is definitely on our radar, especially after seeing so many beautiful designs at High Point Market. Whether it’s a coffee table, dining room table, end table or bar, live-edge furniture has a way of bringing something raw and organic into a space that puts us in step with nature.
At Home Interior Warehouse, there’s always something new. We strive to bring you only the most beautiful and unique pieces. As one of Southeast Michigan’s premier furniture and home decor stores, we pride ourselves in offering quality pieces that bring the “wow” factor.
Are you inspired to get decorating? We’d love to help! Our interior designers want you to have it all. Get in touch with our professional interior design team to see how we can make your decorating dreams and design needs a reality!
Our online store shows you just some of the many pieces we have to offer. Be sure to visit our showrooms to see our entire product line. For more design tips and showroom updates follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s in store.