Ideas on Furnishing your Living RoomDebra
Is your living room space lacking the glow and luster that you desire to have? There is no doubt that the living room is the most important part of your home. This is the spot where your guests will be in when they visit, the children will be to watch tv or just a place to relax and read a book. No matter what the room will be used for, you want it to be well planned out, multipurpose, and stylish. Living room areas can be tricky and need careful planning to pull the space & functionality together. Here are some innovative ideas to help you put those worries aside.
Develop Your Space Plan- The first plan of action is to consider how you want your room to function. Will the children be watching tv here? Will you hold a business meeting here? Will you entertain party guests in this room? How many people will be in the room at once? Knowing the answers to these questions will be the foundation for creating a practical and beautiful space. We suggest grabbing a pencil and paper to map out what furniture you will be using. Keep in mind that the placement of windows, doors, and entryways are essential and should not be left out of your sketches.
- Focal Point- Do you have a fireplace in your living room area? Sketch out where the focal point is in your room and arrange furniture that takes advantage of it. If you don’t own a fireplace, other common focal points can be a window or tv.
- Seating – Where your couch and seating are located can have an impact on the traffic flow and availability of space in your home. It is important to evenly distribute furniture so that the room doesn’t feel overly crowded in one area, and empty in the other. Consider moving your furniture away from the walls & placing individual chairs side by side. These simple tactics will help create an intimate setting & promotes easy conversation.
Multi-functional furniture- Let’s be honest, living rooms aren’t simply for sitting. There are several ways that you can make your beautiful space have multiple purposes. Consider placing a desk behind your sofa or place a table that can be used as a bar. Small side tables can be used as a place to eat, study or work on your business. If you don’t have room for side tables considering using a couch sleeve!
Wall Art- Finding the right wall décor can be tricky because they tie your decorative theme together. Consider using a large statement art to add drama to your room and add smaller pieces that add a personal touch. Include items such as family photos, galleries, and images that are a reflection of who you are. We at Home Interior Warehouse have a curated selection of art decor that is always incorporated with the newest and latest trends.
Mirrors- Does your living room area have limited space? A mirror is the decorator’s secret weapon! Using mirrors help reflect more light and create the illusion of more space. Finding the right mirrors will add drama and transform the look and feel of your home.
Using Accessories- Accent decor is an important part of making sure your home feels beautiful, welcoming and personal. Here are some essentials to make sure you have the right accessories in your living room!
- Plants- Plants add an infusion of life in your home. If you want a stunning living room area, consider adding indoor greenery. The pop of green from your planters will brighten up your room and liven up the area making the room feel fresh and airy.
- Books- Setup a stack of books to display as an accent on your coffee table or shelf. Books can also be loosely arranged to display your personal interest in literature and artistry.
- Rugs- Anchor your space and provide color in your room. They also make for a cozy spot to walk on or for your children to jump with a soft place to land. Hardwood floors are great, but it’s important to have a place in your living room that feels cozy and comfortable.
Lighting- When you are rearranging your living room take note of the placement of outlets. It’s unfortunate when you have strategically planned out where to place everything yet there is nowhere to plug in your lighting! Most living rooms have a ceiling light or floor lamp. Although those can be the perfect solutions don’t be afraid to get creative using other methods like fairy lights!
Explore decorating in your living room but don’t forget to have fun. Make sure to take your time and make sure that your living room area reflects you and tells us who you are. Enjoy the outcome of your skills and embrace the beautiful touches that make for a happy home.